Friday, March 25, 2011

On Top of Mt. Scott

One Saturday afternoon Mike ask me where I wanted to go eat.  I told him I would like to go to Medicine Park.  If you know my husband he is always up to try a new place to eat.  It was late afternoon when we pulled into Medicine Park.  We chose to eat at The Riverside Cafe.  It sets right next to the water.  I am not sure you would call it a river, but there is water that come from the West over a little man made waterfall and there is also a wooden bridge.  We enjoyed our meal and then I asked Mike if he would drive me to the top of Mt. Scott.
This is the soldier we talked to running across the rocks in those shoes that have toes.

My sweety  looking good!






We took off West out of the Park and started up the Mt.  We passed several Army soldiers with full packs on their back running up the Mt.  I guess they are training to be deployed or maybe they just like doing that sort of thing. Once at the top I noticed several vehicles with signs painted on their windows that indicated they were photographers.  I had come to the top to take pictures of the sunset that night and guess what, so had they.  I am not sure how many were there but at least 20 or so.  They had come from as far as Enid maybe farther.  We were all a little disappointed because there was a haze and the sunset did not look very promising.  We had a really good time though.  We visited with several of the photographers, a soldier in the army, and got to see a really interesting car.  You will see what I mean when I post the photographs to go with this.



Every time we go down to the mountains and drive up Mt. Scott we have a good time.  There is always someone interesting up there to visit with.



















Now that you looked at the sunset, you decide if it was a good one or not.  It turned out better than those of us up there thought it was going to.  Let me tell you it was pretty cool and windy that evening....but it was worth it. So this was On Top of Ole Mt. Scott not Ole Smokey.   I just love sunsets.  They are my favorite thing, well, next to my grandkids.

1 comment:

  1. To post a comment write in the white box and then hit post comment.

    ReplyDelete