Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

We have been home for a week now from Hawaii.  I have packed up my room at school, we have been to Stillwater to see Dominic, and to OKC to see Amara and watch JJ play T-ball.  Now we are home in Dodge and it has been raining all day, Mike had to work and I spent the day doing laundry and doing nothing much.  This is not one of the best 4th of July's I  have spent.  I did get to talk to one of my good friends on the phone.  That was pretty much the highlight of the day.  Everyone keeps asking me what am I going to do now that I have retired.  I have so many things on my list to do that I have no idea how long it will take me to get them all done.  One of the first things I need to do is make all of the doctor appointments that I have been putting off for the last couple of years.  I also need to de-clutter my house according to the people on Clean House.  I have at least 5 friends that I have promised to come visit.  They live all the way from northern Oklahoma to southern Oklahoma, Houston, Dallas, Toronto, and San Fransisco.  I also have promised to take a grandson on a vacation and another friend to Dallas to shop.  I really don't think it is too hard to find things to do.  Right now I am having more problems finding enough time to do all the things I want to do.

Mike and I drove up to the high school gym and parked where we could see the fireworks about 9:30 tonight.  I few other people had the same idea.  You can see them pretty good from there.  They did not last a long time, but they had some pretty ones.  Mike loves fireworks.  Well, it is bed time and I guess I will post this.  I don't really have much to say and that is unusual for me.  I hope that everyone is having a fun and safe 4th of July weekend.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment